Support Worker Job Vacancy in USA
Support Worker Job Vacancy in USA: The Southern Region of the Brothers of Charity Services Ireland represents a significant voluntary entity, dedicated to providing age-appropriate residential, educational, and day services for individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, and communication disorders in the expansive environs of Cork and Kerry.
Are you considering a new vocational pursuit?
Why not consider aligning with us, where we ardently advocate for individuals with intellectual challenges to assert their rightful status as esteemed citizens?
We extend the allure of excellent public sector employment terms, adaptable family-oriented work policies, and a route to professional advancement.
Applications are solicited for the role of
SUPPORT WORKERS – Reference: 54/2023 Full-Time Position (78 hours per fortnight) Residential Services in Cork City, its suburbs, Garrettstown, and Kinsale, Co. Cork,
This selection process may culminate in the formation of a roster. Subsequent appointments for Support Workers, encompassing permanent full-time positions, permanent part-time roles, and relief shifts within the ambit of Residential Services in Cork City and its suburban and county settings, will be made over the ensuing 12 months.
The Duties We seek individuals of vibrant ambition who manifest a constructive demeanor when interfacing with those who have intellectual disabilities. They must be committed to ensuring that those under our care can live as ordinary and fulfilling lives as feasible. Support Workers bear the vital responsibility of tending to the personal requirements throughout the day. This encompasses assistance with nourishment, personal hygiene, and other aspects of physical well-being as necessitated by the individual. Additionally, a prominent facet of the Support Worker’s role entails assisting and endorsing the individuals’ crafting of Individual Plans, the subsequent realization of associated objectives, and, of paramount significance, ensuring their integration into the typical community life, guided by inclusive and imaginative thought processes.
The chosen candidate is expected to exhibit adaptability in their approach to service provision and demonstrate their ability to operate effectively within a collaborative team. Active engagement in upholding daily operations reflective of the ethos and vision of the Brothers of Charity is imperative.
Embarking on a journey with us signifies becoming part of an institution that empowers individuals with intellectual disabilities to be esteemed citizens within their local community. It entails facilitating them in garnering conventional life experiences and fostering close connections with family and friends.
The Ideal Candidate The prospective candidates should meet the following prerequisites:
- Possession of a Level 5 qualification (formerly FETAC) on the Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) framework, encompassing 8 modules, with a preference for qualifications in Healthcare Support, Health Service Skills (with an optional module in Intellectual Disability), or Childcare. Alternatively, they should have an SNA qualification or be pursuing a pertinent Level 7 or Level 8 qualification in Social Care or Nursing.
- Accumulated experience of at least half a year in the intellectual disability sector, dealing with adults and children.
- A valid, unrestricted driver’s license authorizing the operation of manual transmission vehicles on Irish roads.
- Experience in working with adults and children exhibiting challenging behaviors.
- Completion of a module in Special Needs and/or Intellectual Disability as part of their qualification.
- Prerequisite immunity to Hepatitis B in compliance with the 2008 Immunization Guidelines for Ireland.
Reporting to: Social Care Leader, Area Manager, Services Manager, or any other duly authorized entity as designated by the Employing Authority.
Salary Structure: €30,755- €43,909, inclusive of an annual Long Service Increment (LSI) as of 1/10/23, based on the Department of Health Consolidated Scales. Part-time roles will be compensated proportionally to the full-time equivalent.
Informal Inquiries to: Catriona Grady, Area Manager, Tel: +353 87 3308276; or Lorraine Cahill, Sector Manager, Tel: +353 86 0438809; or Richella Haggart, Services Manager / PIC, Tel: +353 86 0299508
Kindly submit your applications via the provided “Apply” link.
The Brothers of Charity Services Ireland – Southern Region remains a paragon of equal opportunity in the domain of employment.